Listen better

 

|| Listen better ||

 

Somewhere, I read that listening is a magnetic force. If you think deeply, it's just true. Some of our good singers, like Kishore Kumar and Lata Ji (the Nightingale), had voices that were so powerful and melodious that they attracted us to listen to them, and we enjoyed them. Their voices touched our hearts, and to this day, even though they are no longer with us, we remember them. Being an audiologist for 32 years, what I have felt is that listening has two aspects. One is what you hear through music and someone's voice when you talk, and the other is listening with your heart. When you hear the deep thoughts of your loved ones and start fulfilling those thoughts without making them feel that you are doing so, you listen with your heart, and you listen for your own betterment and for the betterment of your loved ones. I deal with hearing-impaired kids every day, and I feel that they are always happy and inspiring, as they don't hear like us through their ears, but they do listen to us with their hearts. Imagine how much better they would be able to listen if we added hearing aids or cochlear implants to their lives.

 




Kindness will flourish when we include these specially challenged kids in our society. Listening to them daily and drawing inspiration from them, I have come up with this initiative and concept to create social awareness for them, as this disability is not visible, and very little work is being done to help them. I have initiated two short films, one on early detection of hearing issues and the other on how technology and rehabilitation can change their lives. These films are meant to educate people on how hearing disabilities can be addressed and how we can assist them in leading lives that are nearly normal, like ours. It is said that listening is an attitude of the heart, a genuine desire to be with another in which both attract and heal each other. I hope that with these two short films, I can make a positive change in the lives of many hearing-impaired individuals, especially children who can become self-reliant in the future and lead lives that are nearly normal, like ours.

 


It is said that if you pray with your deepest heart, then God listens. A very unique thing happened while I was working on these short films. I was supposed to go to one recording studio, and during a group conversation, there was a discussion about someone else going to some other studio. I misinterpreted the conversation and ended up at the wrong studio, where design work for the film was in progress. Since I had arrived there accidentally, the director requested me to see how the work was going on. There was a boy working there who was incredibly happy and thrilled to see me. He seemed a bit reluctant to talk to me but was very excited. The director introduced me to him and mentioned that I help people with their hearing.



 

Then, the boy slowly asked if he could talk to me about himself. I understood that he had some speech issues and possibly hearing problems, but since it was our first meeting, I didn't say anything. He explained that 15 years ago, he was hit by a vehicle, resulting in a severe accident that caused him to lose his hearing on both sides. Since then, he had been wearing hearing aids but was struggling to hear. I conducted a speech test for him, which revealed that his hearing aids were not programmed according to his requirements. He was hearing very little and relying more on lip-reading. I explained to him that if he could get hearing aids tailored to his specific needs, he wouldn't have to struggle to hear, and it would boost his confidence to communicate. This filled him with so much energy and hope. He thanked God, saying, 'God, you are great, and you sent her accidentally here to change my life.' I believe this is just the beginning, and with the help of these short films, I hope to change the lives of many more individuals like him. I hope all of us will make efforts to help them hear in the right way and improve their listening experiences, just as we listen to them.

 


 

During the making of these films, I learned so many things about how to communicate effectively. I learned that you should speak in a way that not only makes others listen but also feel what you say. Your words should create a strong connection. It's essential to listen to yourself and understand that what you say should be effective for both you and others. You should know why you are saying something and what your purpose is. Your pronunciation should be correct so that others can understand you, and your presentation of everything should be well-done. Within two minutes of your short film, you should convey your message effectively.

 


Listening to the feelings of those kids, I learned so many new things in my life. It was an amazing experience for me. We are launching these two short films on September 24th, Sunday, on World Deaf Day, and I hope that everyone watches and listens to these two films. It presents a new approach to making a positive change and will dispel many myths and misconceptions about working with deaf kids. Please be a part of it, all my readers.

 


Listening is one of the most powerful forms of kindness. Many good people joined me with my idea of making these short films. My family and friends worked really hard for it. I feel that the blessings of these kids have helped me make this project bigger and better. God does listen when you put in sincere efforts. We often forget or don't pay enough attention to what our parents have done for us, but if we patiently listen to them, we may receive positive vibrations that can inspire us to do better in life. My parents always taught us that if you listen well, your efforts will be better. And when your efforts are better, your work will shine. If your work is better, your satisfaction with life will improve, and with improved satisfaction, your heart will listen better.

 


Listening better isn't just about hearing sounds; it's about understanding and connecting with people. It's like a superpower that helps us build stronger relationships and make the world a kinder place. Making these films taught me that by listening better, we can change lives and break down misunderstandings. So, as we release these films, let's all remember to listen better in our everyday lives. It's not just a saying; it's a way to make the world a better, more caring place for everyone.



Comments

  1. जय श्री गणेश गणपति बप्पा मोरया

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow .what a great work you have been doing.iam really inspired by your work kindness your concern and your noble thoughts .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listening with all my ears :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self Education leads to Balanced Lifestyle

|| Love Speaks The Truth ||

Senior citizen prescription