Hope is waking dream....

My positivity starts with my dream to do something. Sometimes, I want to organize events for deaf kids, expand my professional work, write, publish books, travel, go on pilgrimages, or take on new and innovative assignments that challenge me or fulfill my desires, such as making films, dancing, or engaging in physical exercise like boxing, and many more activities that bring me pleasure. Being creative always affects the people around me—sometimes my family, friends, and professional acquaintances. They often ask, "Ma'am, how many dreams do you have, and how many do you want to fulfill?" I promptly answer that I have come to this universe with a purpose. I have one life, and I want to utilize whatever skills I have in the best possible manner. All my dreams may not get fulfilled, but at least I can try. If I don't succeed, I will learn from it. I believe there should always be hope and a waking dream every day; then you can find happiness in all the things you love to do.




Recently, on Doctors' Day, I visited a college where only girls were learning final-year BMM and BMS courses. I was supposed to talk to them about communication and speech management from a medical point of view, which would help them in their professional skills. The day before, I mentioned to both of my daughters that the next morning I would be addressing girls around the age of 20. My younger daughter promptly said, "Mom, don't give too much technical and medical knowledge. Be cool with them. Talk to them like you talk to us and give them hope that they can do their best if they learn some basic communication skills." That morning, my whole attitude towards this assignment changed. I saw all those 50 girls as my daughters and tried to guide them accordingly.







From these girls, two came with a very positive attitude to ask me questions. One said, "You explained that communication has physical, psychological, physiological, emotional, and spiritual parameters. I have many dreams and aspirations for my life, but I don't know how I can address so many parameters." I felt for her and explained that many times, in our pursuit of money and fame, we neglect certain parameters, especially those related to our family. Working hard is good, but never compromise your priorities and responsibilities. You need to learn to have flexibility in what you do, so you don't get hurt. Dreaming every day and waking up with hope is challenging, but having the warmth and security of your loved ones around you is equally important.






The other girl said, "You know, being so young and at the beginning of my life, I have already faced many hurdles, such as my mom's health or my dad's health. I have struggled but also found ways to overcome these challenges. With an already troubled life, I don't know how I will manage further." I spoke with a big smile as she looked at me with a questioning expression. I said, "Dear, you have learned to overcome challenges at such a young age. Imagine the strength you have to find solutions that your peers have not yet faced. I assure you that any dream you see, you will fulfill it with grace. God's blessings are with you; He will never let you down."






This reminded me of a story I had read about one of the ashta sakhas of Lord Krishna, Surdasji, who was visually impaired. He was a devotee of Krishna and wrote many bhajans, singing them as prayers. Once, while walking and lost in Krishna's bhajans, he fell into a well without realizing it. Lord Krishna and Radhaji were delighted with his devotion and decided to help him. Lord Krishna tore a part of his dhoti and lowered it into the well, requesting Surdasji to hold it and come up. Surdasji, not realizing why the dhoti was given to him, asked and narrated in his bhajans, "Why have you given this dhoti to me? It is your attire. For me, your presence is enough; that hope is sufficient. I don't need anything else." People with such devotion, whose everyday waking dream is faith and prayers for Lord Krishna, inspire us deeply.

 




The reality of life is that if you have faith, you wake up every day with dreams that help you fulfill your desires, enhance your potential, and find happiness in what you love to do. This also allows you to spread happiness among your loved ones and the people around you. We have all read the story of the hare and the tortoise race. Though the tortoise was slow, his dream was to complete the race, and with his hope, he won. Without hurting the hare, he conveyed the meaning that slow and steady can also win the race if they dream and work with devotion.







Recently, I read a review of my book written by a journalist. I was impressed by how he remembered the moral and outcome of each chapter. His review made me feel that my intention of encouraging people to have a positive approach towards life, maintain faith, and never lose hope is working. He wrote, "Spreading Positivity by Devangi Dalal is a timely and uplifting guide for anyone seeking to enhance their outlook on life and spread positivity within their community. Its blend of personal anecdotes, practical tips, and motivational insights makes it a valuable read for those looking to cultivate a more optimistic and resilient mindset. Dalal's accessible writing style and inspiring stories ensure that readers will come away feeling empowered and ready to embrace the transformative power of positivity."







Another review I came across was published on the Ahmedabad Mirror website, where the writer gives their take on how positive writing can change an individual's perspective towards life and be a guiding light for many. They wrote, "Spreading Positivity is an empowering and inspiring book that encourages readers to harness the power of positive thinking. Dalal's insights and strategies offer a roadmap to a more fulfilling and optimistic life, making it a must-read in today's often tumultuous world."

You can read the full review:

https://www.ahmedabadmirror.com/devangi-dalals-spreading-positivity-offers-a-beacon-of-hope-and-practical-wisdom/81870578.html#goog_rewarded 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior citizen prescription

WE HAVE ONE LIFE

Devotional Service is a Privilege....