|| OUR KARMA IS OUR DHARMA ||

 || OUR KARMA IS OUR DHARMA ||

In Indian culture, we always pray to Lord Ganesha first before starting any new work or any rituals or pooja, the same way we pray to goddess Laxmi on the auspicious occasion of Diwali so that we live a life of immense health and wealth. We welcome a baby girl in our house as we welcome goddess Laxmi and similarly, we also welcome the new bride in our family with impressions of her beautiful footsteps as good luck. In many religions, there is a special ritual welcoming the bride as it brings happiness in the family. The bride’s arrival is celebrated in a family as she’ll be the one who will nurture the family. Similarly, what if we welcomed good karma which will yield happiness in our life? Dharma not only means you pray to God and go to the temple but also that you, as a human being understand the need to do good karma by coordinating and connecting to God with your mind, body and soul. That good karma gets you a healthy and wealthy life. 

 
Our Lord Krishna, though he was a God, did all the possible karma to bring changes in the lives of people. I once read a very nice incident in the Bhagwad Geeta, that Lord Krishna was getting ready to go and meet someone. That someone was Duryodhana in Mahabharata. His Sarathi (driver) was surprised that Krishna was taking so much time to get dressed as he is always on time. He gave a beautiful smile and responded, “I’m going to meet someone who only sees my appearance, he doesn’t know my inner beauty. I want him to see what real beauty means.” Sarathi curiously asked Krishna, “You are a God so why are you making efforts to go and meet him? You can always call him to meet.” Lord Krishna said, “Darkness cannot go to light; light has to reach the darkness.” So if we all want to bring back the beautiful light in our lives in these difficult times, then I feel we should all start paying attention towards doing good karma. 

 
In Indian culture and Shastras, it’s written that karma has more importance than dharma as in dharma, we pray to God to help us and when we do good karma, God blesses us with all the help we require in life. I visited one of the temples of Krishna where there was, “Why do you worry so much when you were born on this earth, you have parents to give you and nurture your beautiful life, and though you have not seen a life around you, still, to survive, you are given organs to breathe air, to eat food and water to grow your life with. You have got a brain to nourish yourself. Now, after that, how you do karma in life, will get you the real fruits of happiness in your life." written.
 
 
In the same temple, which I had visited with my parents, they wanted to do some special rituals. We visited the manager who was taking care of the temple, we asked for her help but she was busy taking care of foreigners who were ready to spend a handsome amount for the temple. Though we were also ready to do the same, she was ignoring us and was also rude to us as we were simply dressed. We then left. While going back, one of my friends called me and I told him what had happened. He immediately called our guru to ask why we were treated like that in the temple. The guru called the manager and fired her. She immediately came running to us and apologised and asked what can she do for us? She asked me, “Why did you call the guru for such situations?” I replied, “I requested you but you just didn’t pay any attention to us and my parents were really excited to perform some rituals in the temple.” Friends you won’t believe it, after that, she did her best to do all rituals but later that night while serving food to everyone she badly hurt her leg and came to me to say, “Sorry. See my own karma for not treating you well troubled me." I mean this is a real incident which teaches you what dharma and karma exactly mean. Believe me, friends, that incident changed me as well. That day I decided that, at least consciously, I should not hurt anyone.
 
 
I always believe that all individuals are unique. We all have our own life, our own fingerprints (that only helps detectives to search for the right person), so we have the source of fingerprints that no one else has, so you can leave an imprint that no one else can. There are a few people who are really good role models in our life like Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi or Swami Vivekananda in our own country, who have made us understand, through their experiences and deeds that our good karma alone will help us to survive our dharma. That dedication towards our own dharma is only possible when you decide to go within and analyze yourself to maintain dharma in your own rich country and for your country you only are responsible.
 
 
There’s a very nice saying, "When you are having difficult times then work hard and don’t give up, and when you're having a good time in your life in terms of health and wealth, then do help others." I recently did interviews with hearing professionals from all around the world. I was amazed to know that they had so much respect for our country, India, which has a rich culture and high essence of spirituality, and I got connected with them as I saw that they all believe in spirituality and all of them are ready to change themselves, ready to help others in any possible way. I asked one of my professional friends, who believes in spirituality, what exactly it means for them. She gave me a very beautiful answer that "For me, spirituality is being responsible for what I do as an individual of the society. Being a responsible professional who believes in commitments. Helping someone who needs help from me. Being responsible for the country I belong to and for which, what's the best I can do" So believe it if we all start thinking in a similar way to be responsible, it will bring such a huge change in our own lives and in the lives around us.
 
 
To believe in our own dharma, we need to believe in our own karma cleanse. Be grateful that you are born on this earth as a human being. You have the power to think than other creatures who exist on this earth. Act with love, as it is the only and best medicine available to come out of any calamities in your own life. Check your motives as to why you exist on this earth? What is the purpose of your life? And prove your existence. Watch your attitude which will help you grow. Forgive yourself and others if you understand yourself and others. Just think if you work in the right direction of your karma cleanse, it will give you amazing results.
 
 
I believe, as it relates to my life, that one needs to be kind, be fair, be honest, be true and all of these will come back to you. I’m being honest, I never knew writing articles on spreading positivity will change me as a human being, will connect me to many people and will also bring happiness and inspire me to write more and more. I just thought of doing good karma by writing but it made me realize and understand my dharma which is narrated by Lord Krishna, our almighty.
 

 

 
 
 

 

 

 

 



 

Comments

  1. Another excellent article by you Devangi!
    You have explained the Karma Theory in simple words and with relevant personal and other examples!!
    Yes,I agree with you, we reap what we sow and only way to become happy is to spread happiness!!
    That's what you are also doing by writing such positive blogs and sharing with all of us!!
    God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self Education leads to Balanced Lifestyle

|| Love Speaks The Truth ||

Senior citizen prescription