|| Be The Woman Who Makes A Difference ||

|| Be The Woman Who Makes A Difference || 

We as women have faced HARDSHIPS with BRAVERY and RESILIENCE. We have DISARMED our PROBLEMS through our SMILE. We have CONCEALED our WORRIES in our HEART. We are a STRONG WOMAN INDEED. Yes, every woman present in this universe is strong. We just don't have to celebrate "Women's Day", infact we need to enjoy every day of our life. I recently got the woman achievers award from Inner Wheel Club of Mumbai Airport. At that moment I felt blessed as both my daughters joined me there and I received the women achievers award with dynamic lady and face of Lijjat papad Jaswantiben Patel, though she has not pursued her higher education yet she has empowered more than 45000 ladies. She has made her business reach from Rs.80 to millions now. Another achiever was Naina who is a Civil Officer and serving at the railway station and doing cremation and helping families with the cremation of the bodies. She has done 500 bodies cremation till now. She was not fluent in English and thus was feeling nervous but her courage was unimaginable in her noble work. Jayshree Patel Mayor of Shirpur, she is very simple, humble, and dynamic and has changed the lives of so many Adivasi Ladies. After being awarded with these three dynamic ladies I felt you just need to be a woman who can make a difference. There are no other criteria for any woman that needs to be achieved.




Woman is just not a word, it's a combination of various roles and emotions. She is a daughter, sister, wife, mother and so much beyond that. We must celebrate and respect the lives of women every day. Because it's impossible to imagine one's life without these strong souls. Radha and Meera, I don't know how much education they had but they were known for their devotion towards Lord Krishna and they were known as messengers of love and devotion. Jhansi ki Rani and Ahilyabai were warriors who fought for their own people. Mother Teresa was the messenger of peace and love, she spent her time helping others and worked hard to bring smiles to people who were in need. Similarly, there are so many women all around the world who has worked hard to make a difference in people's life. The best is the woman who gives birth to soldiers, who fight for their own country. Every human being in this universe is given birth only by women. We all women have the power to make a difference if we decide. We can give the right direction to the soul who is born from strong souls like us. We need to equally participate with men to make a difference in this universe.





In the 30years of being an Audiologist, I have dealt with numerous hearing-impaired children. But with each child, I have learned to have a positive outlook towards life. The biggest thing I learned from them is how to face challenges with a smile and keep moving ahead in life. While dealing with them, treating them I can proudly say hearing impairment is no longer a disability, if diagnosed at the right time and provided the right treatment they can lead a normal life like all of us. On this day, I would like to give a message to all that let's make them socially inclusive so that they can also have equality. This is just one cause, like this we all women can take various tasks and initiate a revolution to make a difference. As Mother Teresa narrated "I alone cannot change the world. But I can (every woman) can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples.




Being from a farmer family, while taking education not knowing ABC about audiology and speech pathology I still managed to become one of the members of the Advocacy Committee of CGHH that works with WHO for Hearing Health. There are only 10 members across the world and among them, I am one. At the same time raising two daughters, with family commitments, I did all the possible charitable work and still maintained quality in my profession, wrote four books in different languages with the thought process of looking at life differently. I was like you and I belong to exactly the same society, if I can achieve then you all women can too!




Being a woman gives me immense pride. Moreover, my profession makes me come across so many resilient and beautiful women each day. Women have never demanded greater respect, rights, or approval than men. But they have been with men always to respect the ethics and values of life. Though we have entered the 21st century, women are yet facing problems in various parts of our country. A girl has to think twice before walking on the street alone at night even today. If development and improvements are happening in all other dimensions of our life, then why not update our morals and ethics towards perceiving and respecting women. Thus, this Women's Day let's take an oath to respect women from all strata of society. Let's honour the power of women.




We also need to acknowledge the fact that women are performing outstandingly well in all areas of work. Especially, we noticed that during pandemic, be it innovation, medical, sports, army, cinema, literature, and even politics. This does not mean women who are homemakers are less important. Not at all, it is also a full-time job and a woman does that flawlessly. We all are superwomen because we are very well managing our home, work-life, looking after our kids, family and so much more. Within all these responsibilities, we should not forget to take out some time for ourselves. We deserve it. Hence, just support her in all that she wants to passionately pursue and watch her shine brightly. I always salute the spirit of women who pursue their dream and their families for giving them constant support.




An amazing quote by Michelle Obama, "There is no limit to what we as women, can accomplish." During the award ceremony, my daughters accompanied me, I look forward to my daughters who will join me very soon and will receive a similar kind of award. I will accompany her that day and that will be my biggest achievement as a woman. And through my spreading positivity articles and with motivation from my life story, if another woman gets inspired and makes an initiative to make a difference then that will be my biggest achievement. I as a woman have followed the wisdom of my inner voice. What about you?




I as a human being, a woman who can make a difference, have started counting my blessings and my whole life has turned around. I think you as well.....can make a difference.




Comments

  1. Excellent note indeed . I salute you from the deepest corner of my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self Education leads to Balanced Lifestyle

|| Love Speaks The Truth ||

Senior citizen prescription