Mental health leads to positive approach

 

Mental health leads to positive approach

 

I was reading about how to think about mental health or what exactly mental health is. I came across one quote: "Mental health is not a destination; it's a process. It's about how you drive and not where you are going." I was about to write about this when, by the grace of God, I got an opportunity to travel to the USA and visit San Francisco after my international conference. My daughter and I drove to Muir Woods and went on a nature trail. The place was exceptionally beautiful, filled with rosewood trees that were more than 1000 years old. These trees have an incredibly strong base that nothing can shatter. They receive only 5% of sunlight every day, and there was a time when a fire had occurred, but none of the trees were affected. In fact, they say that the fire was a blessing in disguise, as it removed all the dirt, insects, and many other negative elements from this place. It's said that every walk you take in nature gives you more than you seek. As I ventured into this forest, I lost my mind and found my soul.

 


The same happened to me. I was enjoying my nature trail, and my daughter asked me, "How do you feel here?" I could see that a lot of thoughts were forming in your mind, and I think you are getting a lot of ideas to write for your blog. I promptly responded, "This is exactly what I was searching for." This nature trail and these rosewood trees have given me inspiration. If you have a strong base, which is your mental health's power or strength, then nothing can shake you. It doesn't matter how much sunlight you get, how much soil or water you receive. If your intentions are good, your base is strong, and your mind and heart know what you are doing, then nothing can shake you. Your soul is your best judge. Walking this nature trail gave me so much positivity and enlightened me about how our mental health can be as strong as these rosewood trees.

 




In our Indian history, our gods and goddesses have enlightened us with many rituals, religious books, and thought processes. If we start implementing even a little of this in our lives, none of the negativity or circumstances can affect us. The first and foremost thing is to have faith in God. We have read in books like the Mahabharata, Ramayana, and Bhagavad Gita that every individual involved in building a community, fighting against evil forces, seeking happiness, or raising a family with good health, followed one person they believed in, such as Lord Krishna or Lord Rama. They had a lot of faith, and their thought process was that whatever our Lord does is for our good fortune, and with the Lord by our side, we can live fearlessly. They didn't need doctors or counselors to guide them about their mental health. In my opinion, the loss of faith in spirituality and reliance on a purely scientific worldview has contributed to mental health issues.

 


From the time a baby is in its mother's womb, we used to read the Bhagavad Gita or other religious books, but now the focus has shifted to considering the pros and cons of raising a child. Pros are important, but dwelling on the negative consequences can erode confidence in being a mother or parent and lead to various issues. As parents, why not focus solely on positivity from the moment we decide to bring a child into the world? Everything seems impossible until it is done, including giving birth to a child. Just think about it. So, start trusting in God and your soul from the moment you decide to have a child. I remember working and enjoying myself until the very last days before giving birth to both of my daughters. I still cherish those moments.

 


 

With my conference, I also got the opportunity to attend one wedding in the USA and also had some time to travel with my daughter, who is working here in the USA. At the wedding, we met many new people, and I was observing how my daughter was interacting with them. We met people who were working with the World Bank and many other big organizations, and they were happy to spend time with my daughter and me because they saw the confidence in her. As parents, we need to instill that confidence in our children as we are their primary role models. Psychological studies suggest that we learn 80% from our environment and 20% from education, and that 80% of environmental learning comes from parents. Therefore, as parents, we have to foster this confidence in our children so that their mental growth happens with a positive approach.

 



During the international conference I attended here in LA, USA, I met people who do a lot of humanitarian work all around the world. They work to improve the hearing health of individuals or their communities and countries. Here, there was no comparison based on the level of education or one's background or qualifications from their country. Instead, the discussion revolved around what each individual professional is doing to enhance hearing health in their respective countries and what solutions they can bring to improve their own countries. I believe this is the philosophy we need to embrace in our daily lives, fostering a positive approach and learning to grow ourselves, which can be achieved by understanding humanity and learning kindness from the time of our birth and from our parents. Kindness in your thought process is crucial for strong mental growth

 



When I write my blogs, I just write and post for the many people across the globe with whom I'm connected. During this conference, I met a few people who are brilliant in their own professions and are doing wonderful work to improve the hearing health of people in their respective countries. In our discussion, I spoke to them about my blogs of positivity, which I keep sharing. They said, "You write, and for that, you are consistent. It's not that we don't read, but when we have time and need a positivity boost, we do go through your blogs." I mean, hearing those words was amazing, as it boosted my confidence that people do appreciate positivity when it's done with good intentions and a good heart. I understood that the only one who can change your life from the inside out is you. I think the greatest influence is your mindset and self-talk. The basic nature of sharing and caring needs to be taught to our kids from the time we feed them to help them grow.



Mental health with a positive approach starts from the moment a child comes into this universe, continues with their growth and confidence, and multiplies in abundance with sharing and caring. My parents instilled these values in me, and I've tried to plant those seeds in my kids. This is helping my kids maintain their mental health with a positive approach every day. Just like when you drive a car, you need to concentrate and balance your mind. My daughter is driving the car, showing me different places, and making me think about positive thoughts from understanding nature. It's the biggest gift of my life from my writing on positivity blogs. How about all of you? I wish you all cherish positivity every day, like me, with your positive approach towards your mental health.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Education leads to Balanced Lifestyle

|| Love Speaks The Truth ||

Senior citizen prescription